Saturday, January 17, 2015

Painting Challenge Day 5


Day five of the 3 Paintings in 5 Days takes me to some plein air paintings I have done in the last couple of years...the cabin in Estes Park CO, the DeGolyer house at the Arboretum in Dallas, lawn chairs in Monteagle, TN, a low water crossing in Palo Duro Canyon, a horse trailer on the Tweedy Ranch in San Angelo, TX, adobe in Taos, NM and back to Co for the tepees. Lots of travel, and each one a memorable trip. 

I've always said that plein air painting is like keeping a diary, every painting brings back a memory of the place, the season, the weather and the people we traveled with or visited along the way. I joined Outdoor Painters Society four years ago and have met the most fabulous people throughout the country as well as outstanding artists who have aided in my growth as an artist. Life is good!

Thanks for following along with this 5 day challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment