Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Brown Lab"

Oil on moleskin gessoed paper
nfs

Finally back to painting after being away from the easel for a number of weeks while we were doing some updating on our house. This is my entry in Sharon Hodges book for our Texas Moleskin Round-Up. Check out the link and see what other artists have painted in these unique moleskins.

Thought I'd include a photo of the new studio/painting area we created. There was an outside atrium that we enclosed for my painting space, originally planned to be a separate room, but as we progressed it seemed better to open up the area to the kitchen. Have great light with the window at the top of the existing brick wall and have also included a light well in the ceiling, a good substitute for a sky light. The armoire stores most of my paints, brushes, etc. The open concept will force me to "stay neat" instead of just closing a door on a painting mess. First painting "done" in the new room and am looking forward to many more!

8 comments:

  1. The lab is absolutely perfect Ann! Love your color choices. Thanks for sharing your studio space with us. You can cook and paint at the same time. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful lab, Ann! Absolutely beautiful colors in his coat.

    Your studio is fantastic. What a great place to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this lab Ann, and your new space...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that painting space is to die for! How I would love it if my husband took me serious and gave me a space just half this nice! LOL i paint in the garage and its not fun when you have allergies. We have a retirement home with an office and I have taken over that room as my studio, but hubby misses me if I spend too much time there w/o him.

    Oh and the lab is beautiful. Glad to see your back where you belong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I love the chocolate lab and that fabulous expression, that background is just really beautiful, Ann! And what a lovely studio area you have! Definitely the home of an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ann, I've missed you while I was "away"! Love the painting and Sharon will, too. Beautiful studio space and great idea to leave it open to your kitchen, love it! I think it's time for another get together!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great studio space....and so neat! Love it. Great light, great space. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your painting of that very dear dog and your new space! It is to die for! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete