Friday, November 14, 2014

"Frida"

12 x 12
oil with acrylic border
sold


We are still so astonished by the hospitality of the entire town of San Angelo during the recent EnPleinAirTexas show, especially the gracious hosts that housed us for the week. I wish I could share with you their spectacular house, decorated entirely with Mexican folk art. As a thank you I have painted this portrait of Frida Kahlo. If you are not familiar with her, please google and find out about her life...she's a real legend in the Mexican culture. Believe me, this will not be the only Frida in our host's home! I'm sure I saw dozens there!
The portrait is painted in oil with the frame-border serape design in acrylic. 
Thank you Lori and Pat for your hospitality! 

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous painting and beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the realistic portrait with the abstract bright colors along the frame. Very beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete