Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Pansies" and I'm a Winner!



8 x 10
oil on stretched canvas

The pansies this Spring have been "out of sight" beautiful! Hope they last a little longer, but I'm afraid they won't be happy with the approaching Texas heat.

On another note! Not long ago I discovered the wonderful artwork of Lisa Daria, and signed up to follow her blog. To my great surprise, this morning there was an email from Lisa announcing that in a drawing (by her dog, no less) that I had won her 300th daily painting. Check out her blog and enjoy her colorful, fresh style. Can't wait to receive my new painting...my birthday's next week, I'll consider it an early gift!!! Thank you, Lisa, and Brie (the dog)!!!

6 x 6 acrylic by Lisa Daria

7 comments:

  1. Very nice these two paintings. A lot of light and a concert of colors... I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pansies are amazing.. this is a very, very lovely grouping. The vase is delectable as well.

    Congratulations on the painting gift!

    And happy unbirthday today. And fabulous birthday next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to win something like this! And it is a lovely piece, a palette that mimics many of your own. Something of this piece reminds me of your own works and it took a moment to realize that it was the light and colors. Gorgeous, much as your own piece here is! Was this an older piece you did, Ann? (I ask because it doesn't look like it says 'Rogers' in the signature! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pansies! Like the reflections on the cup too.
    Aren't you a lucky girl. Good karma. Hope you have a great birthday next week. What a nice early present. I will check out her work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job, Ann, and congratulations on winning that wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrads on winning, and your painting today is very colorful and nicely put together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great way to build up an art collection by other artists. Congratulations.
    Great paintings here. Nice Pansy. Loved your Easter Rabbits

    ReplyDelete