Friday, September 11, 2009

"Le Cupcake"

7 1/2 x 8
oil on masonite
sold


I'm always impressed when other artists photograph their works in progress and explain the various steps until completion. Well, those were my intentions, but only got one photo and before I knew it, I was putting on the finishing touches. So much for "planning ahead"! This at least shows the initial sketch and the start of the beginning shadows in the chef's clothes.

This is a little different "take" for Karin Jurick's current Different Strokes challenge. Be sure and check out the numerous entries of cupcakes. Have been out of town for a couple of weeks, so it felt good to start back painting with something fun and lite!

21 comments:

  1. Now that's original! I don't seem to get into the cupcake challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I especially like how you repeated the texture of the icing in the chef's hat and jacket. Really great job on this, Ann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whimsical creativity of this! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, very whimsical and love the repetition of curves throughout your painting. Very fun concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann. WOW! Really cool "cupcake" DSFDF submission. After yours and a few other submissions, I feel like a real fuddy-duddy! :-)

    I suppose that I should lighten up!?

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann, very creative solution to the challenge. Love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very different, and so cute take on the challenge! I like seeing the start too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann, this is so totally creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to each of you who have commented! Karin has really struck a home run with her DSFDF site. I look forward to the bi-monthly challenge and value the friendship of each artist whom I have met through her blog. Your comments and suggestions are most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic, Ann! Humor and skill both. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderfully creative painting. So different, too. I love the guy carrying the cup cakes. Great job,Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your cute fun take on the challenge. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just wonderful Ann! Nice interpretation... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great whimsical feel to this...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous entry for this DSFDF. So well done, bravo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful and whimsical interpretation of the cupcake challenge! It looks like you really had fun, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow.. great entry!!! cute as can be!!! talk about being creative!!

    ReplyDelete